This page summarises the requirements for using the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) to enter Singapore.
Currently, Brunei Darussalam and selected regions in Mainland China (i.e. Chongqing, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Tianjin and Zhejiang) have an active RGL arrangement with Singapore. However, travellers from these countries/regions should note that there are alternate SafeTavel Lanes (see list below) that offer more relaxed travel requirements. Travellers are therefore encouraged to explore these travel options first before attempting to apply for entry via RGL.
If not, an overview of the RGL requirements can be found below. For the list of RGLs that have been suspended, see the Annex for more details.
- Hold a valid passport of any nationality/citizenship
- Be a resident of an RGL partner country/region
|Nature of Travel
||Single-entry short-term essential travel for business or official purpose
|Active RGL partner country/region and Required Days of Stay before Departure for Singapore
||Required Days of Stay before Departure for Singapore
|Mainland China (Chongqing, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Tianjin and Zhejiang)
See Annex for partner countries/regions where RGL has been suspended.
|Travel & Health Control Requirements
- Be insured for COVID-19 related medical treatment and hospitalisation for a minimum coverage of S$30,000;
- Take a COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (“PCR test”) within 72 hours before departure for Singapore at a testing facility designated by the country of departure, and test negative for COVID-19;
- Take a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival in Singapore;
- Remain in self-isolation at a non-residential address with an en-suite toilet until a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken in Singapore is conveyed (typically within 24 hours); and
- Adhere to the declared 14-day controlled travel itinerary submitted during entry application for the duration of stay in Singapore; commute using public transport is prohibited.
||Singapore-based company or Singapore Government Agencies can APPLY HERE on behalf of the traveller. Travellers cannot apply for their own travel under the RGL.
||2 to 5 weeks before the intended week of entry
Applications submitted less than 8 days from the intended date of entry will not be accepted.
|Conditions for travellers entering from:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Mainland China (Chongqing, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Tianjin and Zhejiang)
||Click Here for RGL Traveller’s checklist
|Frequently Asked Questions
||Click on the links below for specific FAQs:
||Have a question that is not addressed by any of the available resources found in this webpage?
Contact us here.
Annex: RGL Suspended Countries/Regions