The traveller must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
2. No Approvals Required for Entry into Singapore
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents can return to Singapore without applying for entry under any SafeTravel Lane.
3. Pre-Departure to Singapore
|Up to 3 calendar days before planned date of entry into Singapore
|Submission of Pre-trip Health/Travel History Declarations and Installation of Mandatory Mobile Applications
|| Travellers should monitor their health and avoid travelling if feeling unwell. If travellers are fit for travel, they should:
- Electronically submit their pre-trip health and travel history declarations via the SG Arrival Card (SGAC) e-service here; and
- Register and pre-pay for their post-arrival COVID-19 PCR test here, depending on the traveller’s recent travel history in the past consecutive 14 days to countries/regions listed in the Summary Table on SHN and Swab Requirements for Travellers to Singapore here. Travellers who have yet to pay for their post-arrival COVID-19 PCR test will be required to pay on the spot; and
- Install and activate the TraceTogether, Homer and WhatsApp mobile applications on their mobile phones.
4. Arrival in Singapore
|Day of entry into Singapore
|Immigration clearance and Imposition of Health Control Measures
||Travellers can proceed with immigration clearance per normal.
Depending on the traveller’s recent travel history in the past consecutive 14 days to countries/regions listed in the Summary Table here, travellers may be required to:
- Take an on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test and self-isolate at a place of residence/self-sourced (non-residential) accommodation until notification of negative COVID-19 PCR test result (within 48 hours);
- Serve 7-day SHN at a place of residence/self-sourced (non-residential) accommodation and take a COVID-19 PCR test during the SHN period, at their own cost;
- Serve 14-day SHN at SHN Dedicated Facility (SDF) and take a COVID-19 PCR test during the SHN period, at their own cost.
Travellers arriving from countries/regions at S/N 3 of the table here are permitted to opt out of staying at the SDF, subject to approval and relevant terms and conditions here.
|Transport from Checkpoint to Accommodation
||For travellers on self-isolation/serving Stay Home Notice (SHN) at a place of residence/self-sourced (non-residential) accommodation, they must arrange for transport to commute directly from the immigration checkpoint to the declared self-sourced (non-residential) accommodation, adhering to prevailing health measures. The use of public transport is not allowed.
For travellers serving SHN at an SHN Dedicated Facility (SDF), dedicated transport will be provided.
|Up to 14 days after arriving in Singapore
||For travellers eligible for on-arrival PCR test with self-isolation until test results are out within 48 hours, they can leave their declared accommodation after they are notified of their negative result and go about their activities in Singapore.
For travellers who are required to serve 7 or 14-day SHN at place of residence or SDF, please find more information about serving SHN or serving SHN at dedicated facilities here.
Travellers tested positive for COVID-19 will be accorded medical treatment at their own expense.
|After completion of isolation
|Safe Travel within Singapore
||All travellers are to abide by prevailing local public health requirements and safe distancing measures and encouraged to use TraceTogether and SafeEntry so that the authorities can identify close contacts to be quarantined if a positive COVID-19 case arises.