Singapore is open to all transit travellers with no specific COVID-19 regulations or requirements. However, please note the following points to ensure that you have a smooth transit experience:
- Qualifying as a transit traveller
- Transit travellers must fulfil destination country requirements
1. Qualifying as a transit traveller
Transit travellers are defined as those travelling to another country via Singapore, without clearing Singapore arrival immigration.
Singapore does not require proof of vaccination, COVID-19 tests, travel visas or entry approvals for transit travellers. However, travellers who transit in Changi must have their flights booked on the same itinerary, in order to ensure that their checked-in luggage can be tagged-through from the origin airport to their final destination. Travelling with flights operated by different airlines on the same journey is allowed, if the flights are made under the same booking. Travellers interested in connecting through Changi Airport should consult their airline on the options available.
Travellers who intend to clear arrival immigration to enter Singapore, or booked separate flights under different itineraries, which requires them to enter Singapore to collect baggage and check-in again for the connecting flight, are not considered transit travellers. They should ensure that they fulfil all requirements found on the “Travelling to Singapore” page.
For more information about Singapore Changi Airport’s transit area, including shopping and dining options within the departure transit area, please check the Changi Airport website.
2. Transit travellers must fulfil destination country requirements
Please note that the authorities of the destination country may impose requirements on travellers transiting in Singapore, which travellers also have to comply with. As an illustration, if travellers intend to depart from Country X, transit in Singapore, and fly to destination Country Y, they are strongly advised to check the requirements of Country Y, such as:
- Acceptance of transit travellers: Whether the authorities of destination Country Y accept travellers transiting through Singapore, including whether they impose requirements on using certain flights for transit.
- Entry requirements: Whether the authorities of destination Country Y impose conditions of entry such as visas, entry approvals, vaccinations or other documentation. The airline will check upon boarding if you have the relevant documentation on hand.
- Pre-departure testing (PDT) requirements: If Country Y requires travellers to take a COVID-19 test for entry into Country Y. Such COVID-19 tests are not available in the transit area of Changi Airport and travellers should take their PDT in Country X, if Country Y requires them to do so.