NOTE: If you hold a valid entry approval letter under the Work Pass Holder Lane but wish to apply to enter under the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), please write in via the SafeTravel Enquiry Form for assistance. All short-term visitors and long-term pass holders are required to have a Vaccinated Travel Pass and fulfil VTL conditions in order to qualify for quarantine-free travel under the VTL. Click for more information on the VTL (Air) or VTL (Land).
The Work Pass Holder General Lane (WPHL) is a Safe Travel Lane that facilitates the entry of foreigners with passes granted by the Ministry of Manpower (“Pass holders”). All pass holders must obtain an entry approval to enter Singapore. This however, excludes pass holders conveying essential services or supplies (e.g. lorry drivers or vegetable supply truckers) coming from Malaysia by land or sea.
On this page, you will find the following key information on the WPHL.
- Travel History and Travel Health Control Measures
- Application for Travel under the WPHL
- Pre-departure and Entry Procedures
- Frequently Asked Questions
The following traveller types are eligible to travel under the WPHL. All pass holders and their dependants entering under WPHL, regardless of travel history, must be fully vaccinated before arrival. Please read the vaccination requirements carefully. Ineligible travellers should explore other Safe Travel Lanes at the Travelling to Singapore page.
- Confinement nannies
- Foreigners currently on or have in-principle approval (IPA) for any of these passes that are valid for at least 15 days from their planned arrival date:
- Dependant’s Pass
- Employment Pass
- Long-Term Visit Pass
- Personalised Employment Pass
- S Pass
- Training Employment Pass
- Training Work Permit
- Work Holiday Pass
- Work Permit
For passes or IPAs that have less than 15 days of validity, please renew the passes or extend the IPA validities before submitting entry applications.
2. Travel History and Travel Health Control Measures
CLICK HERE to check the latest travel health control measures (e.g. Stay-Home Notice and COVID-19 tests) set on pass holders using the WPHL, and the costs of the various measures. The measures imposed are based on the pass holder’s 14-day travel history to various countries/regions before arriving in Singapore.
If pass holders are departing from a Vaccinated Travel Lane country/region and intend to return via the Vaccinated Travel Lane instead to enjoy quarantine-free travel, they should apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass instead. Click the links below for more information on:
3. Application for Travel under the WPHL
Different pass holders will have different application requirements. Please read the requirements below carefully.
Please note that:
- Application window is 3 to 60 days before planned date of arrival in Singapore.
- Approval is valid for +/- 1 day from the planned date of arrival to accommodate possible flight changes.
|Type 1: Specific Passes
|The following types of workers should apply for entry directly via MOM’s website.
- Construction, Marine shipyard or Process sector workers (“CMP workers”) who:
- Hold Work Permit, Training Work Permit or S Pass, or IPA for any of these 3 passes; and
- Are entering Singapore without their dependants.
- Work Holiday Pass (WHP) holders
- Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders (without employers) and their dependants
- EntrePass holders (without Corppass) and their dependants
|Type 2: Pass Holders who are Immediate Family Members of Singapore Citizens/PRs
Work pass holders who are immediate family members of Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents of Singapore (SCs/PRs) can consider the following options:
- SC/PR Familial Ties Lane applied by SC/PR family member
- Work Pass Holder Lane (WPHL) applied by employer
|Type 3: Helpers and Confinement Nannies
|Employers (use Singpass to log in) or Employment Agencies (use Corppass to log in) to apply via the WPHL Portal
|Type 4: All other Pass Holders
|Employers to apply via the WPHL Portal (use Corppass to log in)
4. Pre-Departure & Entry Procedures
The approval letter will indicate the travel health control measures submitters (i.e. employers or employment agencies which submitted the entry applications) and their pass holders must comply with.
As the control measures are subject to change based on the global situation, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) will inform submitters whose pass holders have obtained approvals of the changes by email.
5. Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for the Work Pass Holder Lane FAQs.
Click on the relevant links to MOM’s website for:
If your questions are not addressed by the FAQs above, you can submit your question here.