Entry Requirements and Process for All Other Work Pass Holders and their Dependants
1. Before Submitting an Entry Application
Companies and pass holders must ensure that they can fulfil the additional responsibilities before submitting an entry application. These include paying for their COVID-19 tests and stay at the dedicated Stay-Home Notice (SHN) facilities, if applicable.
Work pass holders are also responsible for ensuring their dependants comply with the entry approval requirements.
2. Entry Application
|Application can be made 3 to 60 days before the pass holders’ planned arrival date
|Submit an entry application
||The employing company must submit the entry application for the work pass holder (includes those on Letter of Consent) and his/her dependants.
To proceed, please complete these steps:
- Ensure the pass holders have a suitable accommodation to serve SHN, unless they are required to serve SHN at dedicated SHN facilities.
- Ensure the pass holders fully understand and are able to comply with the conditions imposed during the SHN, if applicable.
- Ensure there are available flights/transport and the pass holders can travel to Singapore on their planned arrival date.
- Submit their entry application using the SafeTravel Portal.
- For the best user experience, use Google Chrome (version 84 or later) or Microsoft Edge Web Browser to access the portal.
- Please get your Corppass administrator to add the ‘Safe Travel Portal’ eService to your Corppass account and assign you with access rights.
- For more details, please refer to our technical FAQs.
Once the application is approved, you will receive an approval email.
3. After Approval
|Confirm the flight/transport
||Please confirm the flight/transport immediately and arrange for the pass holders to enter Singapore.
|Buy medical insurance that covers COVID-19
- For all (new and existing) Work Permit, Training Work Permit and S Pass holders: Employers must buy a COVID-19 medical insurance for them before they arrive in Singapore.
The insurance must cover at least $10,000 for medical expenses if the workers develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of arrival in Singapore.
Please check with your insurer whether your workers’ existing medical insurance plans meet the required coverage. If not, you can consider these insurers.
- For all other pass holders (e.g. Employment Pass holders or dependants): They are encouraged to buy medical insurance with the appropriate coverage before entering Singapore as they are responsible for their medical expenses if they develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of arrival in Singapore.
|Fulfil the entry approval requirements
||Companies and pass holders must comply with the entry approval requirements listed in the approval email. Otherwise, enforcement actions will be taken.
|Ensure pass holders have a valid pass to remain in Singapore
||In-principle approval (IPA) holders must complete their SHN before you can get their passes issued.
|For IPA holders of:
||If their Short-Term Visit Passes (STVPs) are expiring:
|Employment Pass, S Pass, Dependant’s Pass or Long Term Visit Pass
||Within 1 week. Please request for time to do the issuance while the pass holders serve SHN.
Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please submit this request from 3 February.
||The validities of their STVPs and IPAs will be automatically extended by 2 weeks. No letters will be issued for this extension.
For More Information
Please refer to our FAQs here.